Last Updated July 6, 2023
1. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”) as follows:
Personal Data You Provide: We collect the following categories of Personal Data from you when you use our Service, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others:
- Information you provide: We collect content, communications, and other information you provide, including when you sign up for an account, create or share content, and message or communicate with others. To create and manage an account, you may provide us with personal data, including your name, phone number, a photo and/or video of yourself, an email address, and a username. We use your contact information to authenticate your account and keep it secure and to communicate with you about the Service
- Audio and Video: Solely for the purpose of supporting incident investigations, we may temporarily record the audio/video transmitted on the Service. If a user reports a violation of the Terms of Service, we retain the audio/video for the purposes of investigating the incident.
- Networks and connections: We collect information about the people, accounts, and networks you are connected to and how you interact with them through our Service. If you choose to upload, sync, or import any device information to Cuffed (such as contacts in your address book), we may use this information in various ways, including, but not limited to, notifying you when a contact has joined the Service. In addition, other users who have your contact information and have chosen to upload, sync, or import it from their device may be notified of when you join our Service (e.g., so they can contact you through the Service); they may be able to know the number of people on the Service who have your number in their uploaded contacts, so that they can choose to invite people with many friends already on the Service. Finally, may we use your list of contacts (if you choose to provide us with access to them) to recommend other users you might want to follow and to recommend your account and content to others.
- Usage: We may choose to collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of communications you engage in, content you share, features you use, actions you take, people or accounts you interact with, and the time, frequency, and duration of your use.
- Communication Data: We may choose to collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to requests for your opinion and feedback.
- Social Media Data: We may have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Medium, Twitter, Tiktok, Instagram, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Data that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Data: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), geographical information, and navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Data includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, operating system, the date and time of your request, how you interacted with the Site, and how you interacted with mobile or email notifications.
- Device Data: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Data: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Data: We may derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Data: We may use pixels in email campaigns that allow us to collect your email and IP address as well as the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Personal Data Collected from Third Parties/Publicly Available Sources: When you create your account, and/or authenticate with a third-party service like Twitter, we may collect, store, and periodically update information associated with that third-party account, such as your lists of friends or followers. We will never publish something through one of your third- party accounts without your express permission.
Derived Data: We may infer your preferences for content and features of the Service, or future products and services, based on the Personal Data we collect about you.
Cookies and other technologies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited it before. These technologies can then be used to deliver products, services, and ads, help us understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your experience in using our services. If you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
2. HOW WE USE PERSONAL DATA
We may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service;
- To create your account, facilitate network connections, recommend content, and further personalize the Service for you;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service
- and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To authenticate your account and keep it secure;
- To enforce our Terms of Service;
- To prevent spam, fraud, abuse, criminal activity, illegal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and/or
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
3. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Data described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, audio/video applications and infrastructure, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, event management services, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and web analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Data.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other Users: certain actions you take may be visible to other users of the Service. For example, when you upload videos or update information in your profile in the Service, other users will have access to this content and information.
4. DATA RETENTION
5. UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Please log in to your account or contact us (at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need to change or correct your Personal Data, or if you wish to delete your account.
6. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS DISCLOSURES
Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the right:
- To know the categories of Personal Data that Company has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Data, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Data was collected;
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Data that Company has collected about you;
- To know whether Company has disclosed your Personal Data for business purposes, the categories of Personal Data so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data;
- To have Company, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Data; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these rights.
If you would like to exercise any or all of these rights, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner. Once we receive your request, we will verify your identity by sending an email to the email address you provide to us.
If you have reason to believe that an individual under the age of 18 has provided Personal Data to Company through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. You agree and acknowledge that we are a small-scale startup company and implement security features that are reasonable for a company of our size and resources. We implement reasonable measures, within our commercial capabilities at any given time, to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Further, content to or from the Service, and/or information and Personal Data held by us, may not be fully secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to the Company via the Internet and/or the Service.
In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention by a third party of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third-party websites. Finally, we cannot control the actions of users on the platform, who may seek to use third party apps or devices to record, store, or share content or communication without other users' prior consent. Please keep this in mind when using the Service.
10. INTERNATIONAL USERS
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Data will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States, and where applicable, to the servers of the technology partners we use to provide our Service.
11. YOUR CHOICES
13. CONTACT US